One of our core expertise is comprehensive advice on corporate law, including advice on complex disputes and cross-sectional issues at the interface with accounting and capital markets law. The topics discussed under the collective terms "Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG)" and "Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)" are becoming increasingly important. Our partners Christine Gärtner and Moritz Pöschke have many years of experience in major international law firms and DAX-listed companies.
Our clients include both listed companies and companies outside the capital market. A special focus lies on advising family-owned companies. Our advice ranges from advising individual family members on the restructuring of the entire company to litigation and non-litigation management of disputes.
We regularly advise our clients on topics such as:
- Structuring and ongoing corporate governance issues,
- implementation of ESG-related corporate governance and reporting obligations, including under the Act on Corporate Due Diligence Obligations in Supply Chains (Lieferkettensorgfaltspflichtengesetz) and the CSR Directive,
- other ESG issues (including greenwashing),
- Duties of governing bodies as well as individual issues relating to financial and non-financial reporting and auditing (in particular: cooperation between auditors and supervisory bodies),
- Duties and liability (avoidance) of management and supervisory bodies,
- capital market law, in particular dealing with insider information,
- complex contentious disputes, in particular in family businesses,
- ongoing corporate law issues in partnerships and corporations, including the conduct of general meetings and shareholders' meetings,
- permissibility of economic activity of non-profit associations,
- ongoing association and foundation law issues.