Annett Rombach, LL.M. (University of Miami), advises our clients in arbitration and state court proceedings relating to national and international disputes in the fields of commercial law, IP and sports law. She has special expertise as counsel in corporate and commercial arbitration proceedings conducted under the auspices of all leading arbitration institutions. Annett Rombach is listed as arbitrator at the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Lausanne (CAS), the Basketball Arbitral Tribunal in Geneva (BAT, more than 150 proceedings to date), and the Court of Innovative Arbitration in Zurich (COIA). She also receives arbitrator appointments regularly in arbitrations before other arbitral institutions (e.g. ICC, DIS). Annett Rombach is currently a member of the Appointment Committee of the German Court of Sports Arbitration (DIS Sportschiedsgericht).
Furthermore, she is a lecturer for International Commercial Arbitration at the LL.M. program of the University of Zurich, and for sports business and management at the German Sports University in Cologne.
- Advice with respect to all procedural and substantive law aspects of international arbitrations governed by the arbitration rules of the leading arbitration institutions (incl. ICC, DIS, LCIA);
- Advice with respect to recognition and enforcement proceedings in Germany relating to domestic and international arbitration awards;
- Resolution of sports disputes in arbitration proceedings governed by the rules of CAS, the BAT and the Swiss PILS, rendering of decisions in accordance with, inter alia, the principles of ex aequo et bono.
- Arbitrator at the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Lausanne (CAS)
- Arbitrator at the Basketball Arbitral Tribunal in Geneva (BAT)
- Arbitrator at the Court of Innovative Arbitration in Zurich (COIA)
Publications and Lectures
- Pechstein vs. CAS: Game, Set and Match for Sports Arbitration?”, SchiedsVZ 2016, 276 et seq.;
- „The ‘Pechstein-judgment‘ of the OLG München: What does it mean for international sports and commercial arbitration?", SchiedsVZ 2015, 105 et seq.
- Lecture „Introduction to International Commercial and Investment Arbitration", together with Prof. Dr. Richard Kreindler and Dr. Mariel Dimsey, Institute for Law and Finance, Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am Main, summer semester 2015
- Lecture „Die Organisation und die Beteiligten eines Schiedsgerichtsverfahrens“, together with Prof. Dr. Richard Kreindler, Universität Heidelberg, 21.04.2015
- „Schiedsvereinbarungen mit chinesischen Parteien", together with Thomas Buhl and Prof. Dr. Richard Kreindler, Client Alert February 2015
- „Die neue LCIA-Schiedsordnung bei Schiedsverfahren mit Sitz in Deutschland", together with Thomas Buhl and Prof. Dr. Richard Kreindler, Client Alert October 2014
- Lecture „German and International Arbitration: Commencement of the Arbitration", together with Dr. Anne Hoßfeld, Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am Main, 20.05.2014
- „Drafting Arbitration Agreements for Arbitrations Seated in Mainland China", together with Thomas Buhl and Prof. Dr. Richard Kreindler, Client Alert February 2014
- „‘Age Concern Germany‘: Zur gemeinschaftsrechtlichen (Un-)Zulässigkeit von Altershöchstgrenzen im öffentlichen Dienst", NVwZ 2010, 102 et seq.
- „Verspätete Räumung einer nach Kündigung des Mieters weitervermieteten Wohnung", together with Prof. Dr. Detlef Leenen, JuS 2005, 709 et seq
- Associate at Klinkert Rechtsanwälte (2015)
- Associate at Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP, Frankfurt (2009 to 2015)
- Admission to the Bar (2009)
- Legal clerkship at the Regional Court of Frankfurt am Main (second state examination 2008), stage at the International Dispute Resolution practice group of Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP in New York
- Master of Laws (LL.M.) at the University of Miami School of Law (USA) with a focus on International Commercial Law (2005-2006), Fulbright scholarship
- Legal Study at the Free University of Berlin (first state examination 2005), scholarship at the German Academic Scholarship Foundation (Studienstiftung des Deutschen Volkes)